Modern VW vehicles use an array of warning lights to inform you if a specific issue arises. This provides a more accurate indicator than a generic check engine light. However, if you don’t often review the vehicle user manual, you can easily forget what the VW warning lights mean. Here’s a guide for a quick reference. Refer to your manual for images or more detailed explanations of each indicator.
Pull Over if any of These Warning Indicators Appear
- Red brake light – low brake fluid
- Red thermometer – engine temperature is dangerously high or coolant level is low
- Red steering wheel – power steering failure
- Liquid pouring out of bottle – failed engine restart
- Yellow “!” with an oil canister – low to no oil pressure