At one point, you may have been horrified at the repair bill for your old car. Naturally, this leads to the question: when should you repair or sell your car? From a budget standpoint, when is it wise to proceed with VW and Audi repairs, and when is it time to visit a dealership?
Even with diligent care on your end, wear and tear is inevitable as the miles add up. Common damage from age includes cracked rubber belts and hoses, worn metal rotors, faulty electrical parts, etc.
Obviously, repair costs vary depending on the worn component and the degree of damage. At Buttera Motors, we provide accurate estimates for your Audi and VW vehicle upon diagnosis. On average, though, you can expect repairs to be within the price range below:
- Fuel pump: $700–$2,000
- Timing belt: $500
- Brake line: $1,000
- Fuel injector $500
- Suspension: $2,500–$3,500
Repair or Sell Car?
The decision comes down to how much your budget will allow you to spend. Here are some arguments for repairing your vehicle:
- Your car has sentimental value.
- You can’t afford a new vehicle at the moment
- You avoid the depreciation of a new car. Your existing vehicle has already taken the depreciation hit.
Arguments for selling:
- A peace of mind from not having to worry about break-downs in the near future. New cars also have a warranty, usually for the first three years.
- You want the benefits of modern car technology.
- Fewer trips to an auto shop (for the first few years)
We Can Restore Your German Car
We take pride in honesty. We will not always tell you to opt for repairs just to get you to come to our shop. We also have pre-owned vehicles for sale should you decide to replace your car altogether. Knowing when to repair or sell your car can save you a lot of money.
German Automobile Repairs
VW and Audi service in Bothell, Bellevue, Kirkland, Kenmore, Redmond & Woodinville