Do you have vacation plans for summer? This is the perfect time for a road trip. However, a lengthy drive, combined with the summer’s heat, can be taxing on any vehicle. We can’t overstress the importance of a summer pre-trip inspection.
Pre-trip Inspection Basics
Most auto shops provide pre-trip inspections. What exactly does this entail? What’s included? Our inspections cover these areas:
- Battery: we check for corrosion, and gauge its estimated remaining life. Hot weather is just as bad as cold temperatures for batteries.
- Brakes: we examine the brake pads, bushing, calipers, and other components.
- Belts and hoses: we look for signs of fraying, cracking, punctures, etc.
- Tires: we examine the depths of the tread and the sidewall. We also ensure it has just the right amount of air according to manufacturer specifications. A tire check is really important; poorly maintained tires are more prone to a blowout under summer conditions.
- Windshield wipers: we check the wipers, which are almost always overlooked. The Kirkland area does experience summer rains.
Best Cars for Summer Trips
People tend to think of SUVs and pickup trucks as ideal for cross-country trips. However, smaller vehicles actually make for a nice experience if traveling as a smaller party of two or three. The AARP actually listed the Volkswagen Beetle among its list of best cars for summer travel. Both modern VW and Audi cars have the prowess to handle long-distance travel.
If commuting with bulky equipment (e.g. an ATV, Sea-Doo, etc.), then consider renting an RV.
We Do Summer Pre-Trip Inspections
If you own an Audi or VW, then not any auto shop can conduct a pre-trip inspection. Bring your car to Buttera Motors; our crew is versed in pre-trip checkups for German models. A summer pre-trip inspection prevents a breakdown that can totally ruin the fun.
Pre-Trip Inspections and RV Rentals
VW and Audi service in Bothell, Bellevue, Kirkland, Kenmore, Redmond & Woodinville